Cannabis Facts and Tasty Recipes
I’ve often been curious about what kinds recipes other than brownies that cannabis can be used for in the culinary world of fine dinning. In this article I’m going to discuss some facts about cannabis in the culinary since and I’ll be posting some interesting recipes I’m sure will amuse and entertain you. I can assure you they will amuse and entertains your dinner guest.
In light of beginning this article I did quite a bit of research to find some interesting and informatable facts that most of you would be interested to know, and I’ll post some of the best recipes I’ve been able to find.
Click on the following link for a wide range of CBD oils at Seedsman https://www.seedsman.com/en/?a_aid=5c85aac5d8c53
What Chemicals are in Marijuana & Byproducts
This according to The Mayo Clinic in its Aug. 25, 2006 article “Marijuana as Medicine: Concider the Pros & Cons”.
‘Marijuana contains at least 60 chemicals called cannabinoids. Researchers are evaluating how effective some of these cannabinoid might be in controlling symptoms of certain conditions, for example:
- THC. An abbreviation for Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-cannabinol. THC is the main component responsible for marijuana’s mind- altering effects. It also may help treat signs and symptoms such as nausea and vomiting that are associated with a number of medical conditions.
- Cannabinol and cannabidiol. These compounds have some of the properties of THC, but cause less psychoactive effects — the high. …
- Also, marijuana smoke contains 50 percent to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke and has the potential to cause cancer of the lungs and respiratory tract. Marijuana smoke is commonly inhaled deeper and held longer than is tobacco smoke, increasing the lungs’ exposure to carcinogens.”
Ok, I have to say that as many years as I have been smoking weed and all the people I know that also smoke weed, I have never known or heard of anyone getting cancer from smoking marijuana unlike tabacco. You see, marijuana is sold in its natural form- with no added chemicals-pro, on the other hand, tabacco is full of all kinds of man made chemicals that people wouldn’t normally take and in my personal opinion causes cancer over all-con. I would say at best from personal experience that smoking marijuana is the cause of shortness of breath.
I’m no doctor and I can tell you this, I can’t take a hit off of a joint or a bong or whatever without coughing my ass off. Been doing it for as long as I’ve been smoking weed, and I see other people who don’t caugh at all. But cancer, very slim chance compared to tobacco. Because if that we’re the case, then why hasn’t the Surgeon General put warning lable on the packaging of marijuana? I have never seen a warning lable on my packageing when i go to the dispensery to buy weed. However I do see it on a pack of cigarettes and the cigars I smoke (Warning: This product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical.) That is what is written on a pack of cigars that I smoke.
The Institute of medicine published in its Mar. 1999 report titled “Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Sience Base”.
“The most recent review of the constituents of marijuana lists 66 cannabinoids. But that does not mean there are 66 different cannabinoid effects or interactions. Most of the cannabinoids are closely related and they fall into only 10 groups of closely related cannabinoids, many of which differ by only a single chemical moiety and might be midpoints along biochemical pathways — that is, degradation products, precursors, or byproducts.
Now, here we have 66 marijuana cannabinoid. What I’m understanding here is that cannabis is just like any other plant that is a positive to our health one way or another. Because marijuana was illegal at one time and still is in some States and other countries, its gotten a bad rap. Fact of the matter marijuana has just as many attributes and has a positive contribution to our health in many ways.
Some people use cannabis for its THC properties because they enjoy the high they get from it or that it helps in some capacity of health benifits. As with CBD the health benefits are different such as aiding to improve anxiety and stress among other health benefits without the affects that THC provides.
Cannabinoid Identified in Marijuana
I’m going to break it down as we move down this list of different cannabis chemicals. The first chemical identified on this list is:
- 9_THC (Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabis) there are 9 known variants in this group. The next chemical in this list is vary closely related to the first:
- 8_THC (Delta-8 tetrahydrocannabis) there are 2 known variants in this group.
In regaurds to these first 2 chemicals are what I believe made marijuana famous due to the fact that THC is the chemical that gives you that intoxicating feeling you get when smoking or eating cannabis products.
- CBC (Cannabichromene) there are 5 known variants in this group. This chemical was discovered over 50 years ago. CBC is considered one of the “big six” cannabinoid prominent in medical research. It doesn’t get as much attention, but CBC’s benifits are extremely promising. CBC has the same origins as both THC and CBD do in that they all stem from cannabigerolic acid (CBGA).
- CBL (Cannabicyclol) there are 3 known variants.Cannabicyclol, also called CBL, is one of the least known and studied cannabinoids in the cannabis plant. Although it is commonly found in many varieties, in particular those with a higher content of CBC (Cannabichromene), the amount of CBL produced in trichomes is always very low, so it doesn’t usually receive the attention given to other, more plentiful compounds of the plant with a much more noticeable presence, such as THC, CBD or CBN.
- CBD (Cannabinoil) there are 7 known varents in this group. CBD is a non-psychoactive chemical compound – meaning it won’t alter a person’s mental state – that can come from two different cannabis plants: The hemp plant (with less than 0.3 percent THC present) or marijuana plant (where there’s much more psychoactive THC). CBD products tend to be derived from hemp
- CBE (Cannabielsoin) there are 5 varients in this group. That’s just to name a few of the chemicals in the cannabis plant. There are more but there isn’t much to go by as far as research is concerned.
It’s kind of hard to believe that as long as the marijuana plant has been in our lives that there very little known about this very popular plant.
- If your interested in the health benifits of CBD, which has been proven for its qualities for aiding the relief of anxiety & stress disorder among other benifits the CBD oil offers. Check out the following website to find all your CBD products. https://www.seedsmancbd.com/en/?a_aid=5c85aac5d8c53
Click this link to find 5 resipes Im sure your really going to enjoy and even want to add to your https://www.marijuanabreak.com/thc-recipes-guaranteed-to-get-you-hi
I hope that this blog is helpful to better understand this powerful little plant that we are just starting to try and understand. More so now that more than half of the States have made marijuana legal and we’re beginning to try and get better understanding about. I’m going to do my best to keep everyone up to date on our little plant in every way.
Leave a comment with up date that you know about and I’ll pass on that news. Stay mellow